Amana Elementary Announcements
Summer Reading Program week 8
Summer Reading Program Week 6
Please consider donating! Urgent need for donors!
Blood Supply Update – Critical Need this Summer!
Attention donors! All blood type inventories are currently low and O+, O-, A-, B+, and B- are all at a critical need level.
The need for blood is increasing nationally, and our local hospitals are no exception. We currently have an urgent need for all blood types! This is driven by increasing levels of activity at local hospitals and a high number of blood drive cancellations related to the COVID-19 pandemic. There’s never been a better time to be a donor!
As we continue our response to the COVID-19 pandemic, now more than ever it is clear how important donors are to our mission of improving the health of the people and communities we serve. If you are available, please consider signing up today to give at the Amana Community Blood Drive on July 21. We need you now more than ever!
See below for information on how you can donate blood and stay safe!
Amana Community Blood Drive
Tuesday, July 21st
2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Amana Elementary - Cafeteria
As a special THANK YOU, all donors will receive a $10 gift card of their choice to Amazon, Walmart, Target, Casey's General Stores, Subway, Burger King, iTunes/App Store, Applebee's, Domino's, or Lowe's!
***Please make an appointment. Walk-ins will not be allowed to make sure that social distancing guidelines are met.
Please note the following safety protocols for our blood drive:
- You must have an appointment on the schedule to donate at this blood drive. We will not be accepting walk-in donations right now so we can ensure social distancing protocols.
- Donors will be required to wear a mask or face covering. If you do not have one, one will be provided to you at the drive.
- You cannot bring additional guests with you to the drive, unless they too are donating and have an appointment.
- Our staff will change gloves and sanitize hands between donors. Donation beds will be wiped down with disinfectant between donors.
- We are ensuring that frequently touched surfaces, like donor beds, chairs and lap tops are sanitized.
- We are encouraging donors to complete the online medical questionnaire (EarlyQ) ahead of their appointment by clicking the EarlyQ link on our websitewww.bloodcenter.org, un
der the "Donating Blood" tab.
Summer Reading Program Week 5 https://www.smore.com/gazhx-amana-community-library?ref=email
Summer Reading Program Week Four https://www.smore.com/vjcnz-amana-community-library?ref=email
Summer Readin Program Week 3 https://www.smore.com/pmv4q-amana-community-library?ref=email
Delivery time changes and service extension date