Please review the following information with your student(s) by Friday, August 20th, 2021.
- Bus route pick-up and drop-off information will be located in your student(s) PowerSchool Custom Screens selection by Friday, August 13th. Bus routes have a set order for pick-up and drop-off of students to ensure efficiencies. As new students or families are added, these times are subject to slight changes. As you know, weather-related issues might cause slight delays due to road conditions.
- Be respectful of route stop times. Students should be at their designated “bus stops” 5 minutes in advance of the established pick-up time. *If students are not at their designed “bus stop,” drivers will give a visual review of the area and continue on no sooner than 1 minute after the stop time. Please be sure students are dressed appropriately for the weather conditions.
We are excited to announce that we have purchased three new buses that are fully equipped with lap shoulder belts (seatbelts). ALL passengers are required to wear them if assigned to a route or field trip utilizing these buses. Please take a minute to talk with your children about these expectations. Even if they do not normally ride the bus they will probably ride one for field trips. The transportation departments main priority is student safety.
Please communicate any questions or concerns to the Transportation Director at 319-545-2285 or email email@example.com
Please call 319-545-2285 any time your child will not be riding the bus. If transportation is needed at a later date, your need will be met. This cooperative effort will help save time and energy.
Welcome to CCA and we look forward to providing safe and reliable service for your family.
School Board policy 711.01 & 711.01R(1)
The Clear Creek Amana Transportation Department develops bus routes annually to meet state requirements and to provide efficiency in use of district resources. With careful consideration to allocation of transportation resources for all students, the District will pickup and/or drop-off a student at their resident address or nearest district determined bus stop. The District will not pick and/or drop-off a student in private residential developments. District bus stops are reviewed and determined annually.
The following criteria may be considered for an exception to the resident address or district bus stop by the Transportation Director:
- Existing stop on student’s current route
- Student attends a registered day care
- Stop on a current route with bus pass from the student’s attendance center not to exceed five (5) days
- Special circumstance with Transportation Director or Superintendent approval.
Elementary and middle school students living more than two miles from their designated school attendance centers and high school students living more than three miles from their designated attendance center are entitled to transportation to and from their attendance center at the expense of the school district.
Transportation of students who require special education services will generally be provided as for other students, when appropriate. Specialized transportation of a student to and from a special education instructional service is a function of that service and, therefore, an appropriate expenditure of special education instructional funds generated through the weighting plan.
Transportation of a student to and from a special education support service is a function of that service, and is specified in the individualized education program (IEP) or the individualized family service plan (IFSP). When the IEP or IFSP team determines that unique transportation arrangements are required and the arrangements are specified in the IEP or IFSP, the school district will provide one or more of the following transportation arrangements for instructional services and the AEA for support services:
- Transportation from the student's residence to the location of the special education and back to the student's residence, or child care placement for students below the age of six.
- Special assistance or adaptations in getting the student to and from and on and off the vehicle, en route to and from the special education.
- Reimbursement of the actual costs of transportation when by mutual agreement the parents provide transportation for the student to and from the special education.
The school district is not required to provide reimbursement to parents who elect to provide transportation in lieu of agency-provided transportation.
A student may be required, at the Clear Creek Amana Community School District (CCACSD) board's discretion, to meet a school vehicle without reimbursement up to three-fourths of a mile. The CCACSD board may require the parent to transport their children up to two miles to connect with school bus vehicles at the expense of the school district when conditions deem it advisable. It is within the discretion of the CCACSD board to determine such conditions. Parents of students who live where transportation by bus is impracticable or unavailable may be required to furnish transportation to and from the designated attendance center at the expense of the school district. Parents, who transport their children at the expense of the school district, are reimbursed at the rate per mile set by the state.
Transportation arrangements made by agreement with a neighboring school district will follow the terms of the agreement. Students, who choose to attend a school in a school district other than their resident school district, will provide transportation to and from the school at their own expense
Bus Pass Requirement
Please be aware that many of our buses are at capacity on most school days. Because of the limited space available, we are requesting your assistance to help us plan for necessary transportation of students. If your child(ren) would like to accompany another student to or from school on a bus other than their regular route, please request a pass from the school office at least one day in advance. This will allow us the opportunity to make adjustments to accommodate the request or to inform you in a timely manner when we are unable to accommodate the request.