Application Information and Deadlines
If a parent or guardian wishes to open enroll their child(ren), they must:
- Complete an application and submit an application for each child in their family, and
- Send the application to both the resident and receiving school districts on or before the established deadline (see deadlines below) to be considered for approval (Iowa Code § 282.18(2), as amended by 2021 Iowa Acts, HF847 and 2022 HF2589).
House File (HF) 2589 eliminates the March 1 deadline for open enrollment. This change allows parents/guardians to apply for open enrollment at any time without the need for good cause. The receiving district may deny an open enrollment request if one of the following applies:
- The application violates the district’s insufficient classroom space policy,
- The district does not have the appropriate special education program,
- The application would adversely affect the district’s implementation of a court-ordered desegregation plan, or
- The student has been expelled or suspended.
- Approval for one child in a family does not guarantee approval for other children in the same family. A parent or guardian must file an open enrollment request for each child in the family.
- A parent or guardian may apply to more than one school district at the same time.
- Parents must notify (in writing) the districts concerned if there is any change in the student's residence during the open enrollment period.
- Parents must notify (in writing) the districts concerned if terminating open enrollment.
Clear Creek Amana School District Contact
The Clear Creek Amana School Board voted to approve the following guidelines regarding open enrollment requests effective for the 2022-2023 & 2023-2024 school years, per Board Policy 606.6
Amana Elementary: Open
CCA High School: Open
Clear Creek Elementary: Closed
North Bend Elementary: Closed
Oak Hill Elementary: Closed
Tiffin Elementary: Closed
CCA Middle School: Closed
Mail application to:
Clear Creek Amana CSD Administration Office
% Michelle Skubal
PO Box 487
Oxford, IA 52322.
Contact 319-828-4510 or email Michelle Skubal at michelleskubal @ ccaschools.org for questions.
CCA Open Enrollment Transfers-Procedures as a Sending District Policy 501.14 CCA Open Enrollment Transfers-Procedures as a Receiving District Policy 501.15