K-12 New Student Registration Process
On behalf of the staff and students in the Clear Creek Amana Community School District (CCA), welcome! We are thrilled you are considering – or have chosen –CCA as your home for an outstanding educational experience for all learners.
CCA Administration Office
1486 Highway 6 NW, Oxford, IA 52322
To help ensure that schools, students, transportation and staff are well prepared for the first day of school, parents are encouraged to register their child or children online by the deadline with a date to be determined for the 2020-2021 school year.
Checklist for New Students
The following documents are required for enrollment. Please bring these documents with you to the Clear Creek Amana (CCA) Administration Office to register your student(s) with our district. CCA uses PowerSchool, an e-registration system for all registrations.
1. Proof of age. (an acceptable document would be a birth certificate, adoption record, certified statement of a physician, an immunization record with birthdate)
- Under Iowa Code section 282.3 a child MUST be five on or before Sept. 15 to enter kindergarten and must be six on or before Sept. 15 to enter first grade.
- Students must be registered using the child’s legal name under Iowa Department of Education Rule 12.3(4).
2. Immunization records. Iowa law requires a parent to verify proper immunization against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B and varicella to enroll in school. Learn more about the types of immunizations needed based on your child’s age. Immunization Form.
3. Proof of residency. All new students must provide the proper documentation to establish proof of residency. The name and address on these documents must match the name and address of the parent or legal guardian of the student(s) being registered. Please provide one of the following:
- A copy of your most recently paid property tax bill
- A copy of a recent mortgage statement
- A copy of a utility bill for the last of current month
- A copy of current rental or lease agreement
- Proof of your residence within CCA boundaries. This can be a bank statement a pay stub from your current employer with your name and address clearly listed from the last or current month.
- Verification of residency for the family with whom you are living as listed above in “Homeowner.
4. Health History and Medical Exam. You will be asked to enter general health history information for each student you register. Depending on the age and/or grade of your student, additional information may be requested. Health History & Medical Exam form.
5. Home Language Survey. All new students to Clear Creek Amana are required to fill out a Home Language Survey. This survey is available in multiple languages. Home Language Survey Form.
6. Do Not Release Information. You will be asked if photos or videos of your student can be taken. In addition, this allows student information to be listed in school yearbooks, athletic and fine arts rosters and directories. Authorization to Release Student Directory Information Form.
7. Pay Fees
How Long Does It Take To Register
Allow 15-20 minutes per child for entering new enrollment/registration information.