Clear Creek Amana School Board Long-term goals:
- Support neighborhood schools. The growth in Coralville warrants a neighborhood school like other neighborhoods in our district that already have an attendance center.
- Reduces transportation costs and students spend less time on buses.
- Retain small class sizes
- Be responsible: the board has followed through on past bond obligations
- Provide comprehensive vocational and career technology education opportunities for all students
Guiding Principles and Quick Facts:
- The ideal capacity of a new elementary building to accommodate future growth is 600
- The current Middle School band room has a capacity for 70 students and there are currently a total of 154 band students in 6 - 8th grades.
- Currently, grades PK - 6 have 200+ students per grade level with 1st grade at 275 students.
- The 10 year enrollment outlook estimates 4,500 students and 4,000 in 5 years.
*District growth projections are provided by RSP and Associates, a service enlisted by the District to assist the District with our growth and planning for future growth. The firm’s analysis indicated that district growth will continue to be around 150 - 200 students per year.