COVID-19 SCHOOL CLOSURE
April 2, 2020 - Governor Reynolds extended school closures through April 30.
March 31, 2020 - Iowa Department of Education releases Resources to Support Learning during COVID-19. Education Resources.
March 25, 2020 - Teachers and administration have coordinated online learing resources available for students. Please go to the Online Learning section of this website for grade level plans.
March 15, 2020 - With Governor Reynolds' recommendation, CCA will be closing school for 4 weeks. We are in the process of developing plans and will communicate these plans as quickly as possible. Immediate focus will be on the next few weeks, beyond that, we will operate with a week-to-week mindset. As you know, the situation is evolving daily, sometimes hourly
In addition to school, all activities, including rehearsals, competitions, and team events are cancelled/postponed until further notice.
PREVENTION IS IMPORTANT
There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19 infection. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
For information about handwashing, see CDC’s Handwashing website.
COMMUNICATIONS SHARED WITH FAMILIES
School Closure Update (03-16-2020)Posted by Laurie Haman on 3/16/2020
CCA Closing for 4 Weeks (03-15-2020)Posted by Laurie Haman on 3/15/2020
COVID-19 Update (3-13-2020)Posted by Laurie Haman on 3/13/2020
Kirkwood Classes for Juniors and Seniors (3-12-2020)Posted by Laurie Haman on 3/12/2020
COVID-19 (03-11-2020)Posted by Laurie Haman on 3/11/2020
The CDC and Public Health recommendations for preventing the spread of COVIDPosted by Laurie Haman on 3/9/2020
COVID-19 (03-09-2020)Posted by Laurie Haman on 3/9/2020
COVID-19 (03-04-2020)Posted by Laurie Haman on 3/4/2020
PARENT, STUDENT & STAFF COMMUNICATIONS
The district will continue to email updates, please check your email communications often.