Amana Elementary Counselor
My name is Calista Schwan and I am the school counselor at Amana Elementary and District Homeless Liaison. I graduated with my B.A in Psychology from the University of Northern Iowa in 2015 and my M.A in School Counseling from the University of Northern Iowa in 2017. I will be starting my 6th year in education this August and my first year at AES. I feel so honored to serve the families and students at Clear Creek Amana School District!
I look forward to developing and implementing a comprehensive counseling program that fosters positive growth in academic, career, and social/emotional development. Through engaging with students individually, in small group settings, or in classroom counseling, I look forward to creating supportive relationships that meet students' individual needs. I enjoy encouraging students’ strengths and believe that each one of our students brings something special to CCE!
Throughout the CCA School District, collaboration is an essential part of developing positive student outcomes as we work to create a support system between students, families, school faculty, and community members and resources. I look forward to being a part of the CCA community and working with you and your students!
Here are many of the programs we implement at Amana Elementary to meet our students needs:
- Second Step- Second Step Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) gives students the tools to excel in and out of the classroom. Our easy-to-teach program garners outstanding reviews from educators who’ve noticed schoolwide improvement and see even the most challenging students make progress in emotion management, situational awareness, and academic achievement. To learn more visit secondstep.org
- PBIS – Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is a proactive approach to establishing the behavioral supports and social culture needed for all students in a school to achieve social, emotional and academic success. To learn more visit PBIS.org
- Onsite School Therapists- Licensed Mental Health professionals who work with staff, students, and families in order to address mental health needs and to support student success within and outside of their learning environment. School Therapist link for more information.
- Family Resources - A list of family resources serving our families throughout our district. Family Resources
- School Supplies- Through generous donations of the community, we are able to make sure all students have the supplies they need to do their best at school.
- Shoes that Fit- Provide a new pair of shoes and/or boots to any child in need.
- Winter Weather Gear-Through generous donations of the community, we are able to keep our students warm during the winter months.
- The BackPack Program-Provide students K-6th grade with a sack of shelf-stable, kid friendly foods on Friday afternoons.
- Holiday Assistance-Through generous donations of the community, we are able to assist families with a variety of needs during the holidays.
Please let me know if you have any questions, I can easily be reached by email at email@example.com.
Amana Elementary School Counselor
Amana Elementary School Counselor & District Homeless Liaison