The board has 2 regular Board Committees and a number of Ad Hoc and Community Board/Committees. Meeting dates, agendas, and minutes will be posted on Simbli. Board members serve on committees that work on various aspects of our district. Members serve one-year terms on board committees and two-year terms on ad hoc committees and appointments may change due to the annual election of board officers.
Board work committees are to establish a forum for initial discussion of district business. This structure provides an opportunity for board members to ask questions, request information, and organize thoughts prior to discussion with the full board where final decisions will be made.
- Finance - Committee has been paused
- PPEL ( Physical Plant and Equipment Levy) - Committee has been paused.
Ad Hoc Community Committees
Ad Hoc Committees are designed to gain insight and feedback from district stakeholders. This structure provides the opportunity to come together and proactively seek solutions that will better the Clear Creek Amana School District. There are 2-3 board members appointed to each ad hoc committee for two-year terms. Recommendations from the Ad Hoc Committees will be brought to the Board of Directors for final decisions. Quarterly meetings are organized and run by the staff chairperson.
- Activities Advisory Committee (AAC)
- Educational Equity Committee (EEC)
- Superintendent's Roundtable (School Improvement Advisory Committee)
- Instructional Materials Reconsideration Committee
The purpose of attending these meetings is to represent CCA and bring information back to the Board of Directors.
- CCA Foundation Board: Shaun Kukuzke, Joe Burns
- Iowa County Conference Board: Jen Mooney
- Johnson County Conference Board: Eileen Schmidt
- IASB Delegate: Matt McAreavy, Joe Burns (alternate)
- Springmier Public Library Board: Eileen Schmidt
- Amana Public Library Board: Jen Mooney