High School Media Center
The high school Media Center provides students with a variety of materials that assist in their intellectual and educational development and that promote reading for personal enjoyment. Students needing to use the Media Center’s materials and equipment for educational purposes are given priority. Students may lose Media Center privileges if the rules are violated and may also suffer consequences under the good conduct policy.
- Students may come to the Media Center during their lunch period, but should get permission from the supervising teacher in the lunchroom.
- Students may be in the Media Center if they have an open block.
- Items may be checked out for the following lengths of time:
- Books (including audio books): 3 weeks
- DVDs, CDs and Magazines: 1 Week
- Cameras may be used in school for class assignments only
- Students with more than 5 items overdue will be restricted from additional checkouts until overdue items are returned.
- No fines are charged, but the student will be billed for the cost of the item if it is not returned. This amount will be added to registration fees the following year for returning students or billed through the office for seniors or those not returning.
Students have access to computers and the internet for educational purposes during school hours. Appropriate conduct regarding this access is expected. All parents are asked to read and sign a computer use agreement at registration. The full policy is available in the Media Center. Examples of inappropriate uses of technology are:
- Sending or displaying offensive messages or pictures
- Using obscene or abusive language
- Harassing, insulting or attacking others
- Damaging computers, the system or network
- Violating copyright laws
- Using another’s password or identity
- Trespassing in another’s folders, files or work
- Downloading illegally obtained or material
Each student is issued a Chromebook and is required to fill out a Technology Usage Agreement. Please refer to that agreement for more information.
Media Center Hours
7:45 am -3:45 pm
7:45 am -3:30 pm