CCA Staff Only Pages
District Wide Training Information
Important Information for All Staff - All District Trainings due by November 26th
Please ensure you have all of your District trainings up to date. Some of these are state requirements and some are CCA requirements but all are equally important. I have been asked to convey by administration that if your trainings are not done by November 26, you will be asked to take unpaid leave until they are completed as these are an expectation of employment and in some instances a requirement by Iowa Code.
You can log into the sites to see what is due but if you are unsure, your administrator/supervisor has that information as well. Summar of mandatory training.
Please note this is a work in process and we are collecting data from several sites so it is possible our records are not accurate. Some examples of that might include; if you took the training while at another District and we can't access those records, or the certificate didn't make its way to us to at central office, or if you had a name change. If you have an updated certificate, simply email it to me and we will update the system.
Important change with regards to Mandatory Reporter:
All staff must do Mandatory Reporter. Even though this is only required for teaching staff, we ask that all staff take these courses. There are some changes with that as of July 1, 2019. This training can still be assessed through the AEA for a fee or through the Iowa Department of Human Services at no charge. Please note:
- The new trainings will be two hours each for both child abuse and dependent adult abuse. You need to complete both even if you don't work with any dependent adults. This is a BOEE rule
- The new trainings will be valid for three years only. This will no longer coincide with your teaching license due date so it might be helpful to put a reminder on your calendar.
- Once these trainings have been completed, updated refresher trainings can then be taken for one hour each as long as the trainings have not expired.
- Mandatory reporter training completed prior to July 1, 2019 will still be valid for five years from the date of completion. Any taken AFTER July 1 will only be valid for 3 years.
- Business Procedures, Sexual Harassment and Social Media Policy only need to be completed once.
Thank you for your commitment to getting your trainings completed timely as we do not want to put the District in a position to be penalized for any past due trainings.