Grades 3-5 CCA Battle of The Books Competition
- April 26, 2024 - CCA Battle of The Books Competition, 9:30 - 11:30 AM at the High School Performing Arts Center
- April 21, 2024 - Deadline to read the books
The Battle of the Books is a competition that encourages students in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade to read throughout the school year. Students have from September to April to read books from a selective list. Students form teams of 4 and have a little fun in April competing against peers to answer questions about each book.
Beginning September 15th, check out the 16 “Battle of the Books” titles in your school library. This year’s “Battle of the Books” titles were chosen by our very own CCA teacher librarians.
There is a 3rd grade student book list and a separate list for 4th and 5th grade students to read for the battle. (Of course, all students may read titles from both lists for their reading pleasure!)
- You may read the books in any order you would like.
- You will receive a book journal to add notes and interesting details about each book to prepare your brain for the “Battle”.
- As you finish reading each book, use your book journals to record things you would like to remember about the book in your book journal. Have an adult at your home sign the bottom of the page congratulating you for completing the book. Be sure to show your teacher librarian the signed book journal page for another celebration!
- Teams will consist of four students from like grade levels to represent their school in the district competition.
- Members of each team will “battle it out” by answering questions about the 16 books on the grade level list.
There will be 4 total winning teams at the end of the Battle of the Books:
- one 3rd grade team winner
- one 4th grade team winner
- one 5th grade team winner
- the team with the overall highest points will be the District Battle of the Books champion and get to display the traveling trophy at their school for the next school year!
Talk to the teacher librarian at your school to get signed up TODAY!
Book lists links: