Oak Hill Elementary Counselor Services
My name is Ashley Keller and I am privileged to serve as the counselor at Oak Hill Elementary. Starting my career as a special education teacher, I found my passion for helping students grow socially and emotionally. That passion led me to the role as counselor for North Bend Elementary these past four years and now Oak Hill Elementary!
Your child is a valued member of the Oak Hill family! Whether it be during classroom lessons, small group work, or in a one-on-one setting, I very much look forward to getting to know your child and all of their unique qualities. I am excited to meet your child’s individual needs and help them to foster a love of learning and self.
At Oak Hill Elementary, a collaborative approach between students, families, our school team, and community members is taken to achieve the goal of a positive educational experience for all students. We are committed to meeting each student where they are at and helping them develop into self-assured lifelong learners.
Here are many of the programs we implement at Oak Hill Elementary to meet our students needs:
- Second Step- Second Step Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) gives students the tools to excel in and out of the classroom. Our easy-to-teach program garners outstanding reviews from educators who’ve noticed schoolwide improvement and see even the most challenging students make progress in emotion management, situational awareness, and academic achievement. To learn more visit secondstep.org
- PBIS – Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is a proactive approach to establishing the behavioral supports and social culture needed for all students in a school to achieve social, emotional and academic success. To learn more visit PBIS.org
- Onsite School Family Liaisons- Licensed Mental Health professionals who work with staff, students, and families in order to address mental health needs and to support student success within and outside of their learning environment. School-Family Liaison link for more information.
- Family Resources - A list of family resources serving our families throughout our district. Family Resources
- School Supplies- Through generous donations of the community, we are able to make sure all students have the supplies they need to do their best at school.
- Shoes that Fit- Provide a new pair of shoes and/or boots to any child in need.
- Winter Weather Gear-Through generous donations of the community, we are able to keep our students warm during the winter months.
- The BackPack Program-Provide students K-6th grade with a sack of shelf-stable, kid friendly foods on Friday afternoons.
- Holiday Assistance-Through generous donations of the community, we are able to assist families with a variety of needs during the holidays.
Please let me know if you have any questions, I can easily be reached by email at email@example.com. I look forward to serving the Oak Hill Elementary community.
Oak Hill Elementary School Counselor