The Clear Creek Amana Community School District believes all students should have access to a free, appropriate public education. The district will ensure that homeless children and youth have equal access to the same free, appropriate public education as other children and youth.
Students may qualify for services under the McKinney-Vento act if they do not have a fixed, regular or adequate nighttime residence. Please speak with the district Homeless Liaison if you are living:
- With friends/relatives due to loss of housing economic hardship or similar reason
- In shelters or transitional housing
- In cars, buildings without heat or water
- In campgrounds, hotels, motels
CCA will provide one-on-one services with the district’s homeless families to identify their needs. If a family is deemed as homeless:
- school fees are waived
- transportation to their home school may be provided to approved families
- school supplies are provided
- free breakfast and lunch
- connecting families to outside resources
- Ensure the privacy of student records, as provided by applicable law, including information about a homeless child or youth’s living situation
School counselors work hand-in-hand with our homeless families to help ensure success at school.