Located 7 miles west of Iowa City and 20 miles south of Cedar Rapids where both Interstates 80 and 380 intersect, the Clear Creek Amana School District covers over 175 square miles of beautiful eastern Iowa countryside. Our school district encompasses the towns of Tiffin (population 4,500), Oxford (population 797), Amana Colonies (population 1,600) and includes the eastern edge of the district inside the western city limits of Coralville and North Liberty. We draw students from two counties (Iowa and Johnson) and a community-based population of around 17,300.
The district serves 3,124 students in PK-12 and expects an average of 150-200 students per year for the next five years.
There are seven operating attendance centers:
- CCA High School in Tiffin (745 students 9-12)
- CCA Middle School in Tiffin (656 students 6-8)
- Tiffin Elementary in Tiffin (402 students PK-3)
- Amana Elementary in Middle Amana (157 students PK-4)
- North Bend Elementary in North Liberty (398 students PK-3)
- Clear Creek Elementary in Oxford (368 students PK-4)
- Oak Hill Elementary in Tiffin (351 students 4-5)
The continued community support of education is evidenced by the voters passing major facility and school district construction projects to support the growing needs of the district. In 2022, voters passed a general bond referendum to build the 6th elementary attendance center for the district. The new elementary school will open for the 2024-2025 school year.
History of Building construction projects completed are as follows:
- High School addition of 10 classrooms in 2022
- New Gymnasium for Clear Creek Elementary in 2020
- Transportation Center in 2020
- Oak Hill Elementary in 2019
- Middle School & High School Additions in 2016
- Tiffin Elementary in 2015
- North Bend Elementary addition of 6 classrooms in 2014
- The Performing arts center opened in the fall of 2010.
- The athletic complex opened in the fall of 2009
- High school in 2009
- North Bend Elementary in 2008
Each attendance center has a full-time building principal. Of the 245 certified teachers, over 16% percent have been with the district for 15 years or more. The staff is caring and committed to providing the best education possible for all students.
CCA CSD Data Snapshot
3,124 students (2022-23 school year)
White - 81.5%
American Indian – .32%%
African American – 8%
Asian – 2%
Multi-Racial – 6.8%
Native American/Pacific Islander – 0.032%
Free and Reduced Lunch - 28.16%
English Language Learners - 5%
Special Education - 11%
Extended Learning Plan - 6.3%
Clipper Early Childhood Academy (Preschool center will open in August 2024)
Elementary schools - 5 (new elementary under construction and will open August 2024)
Middle School - 1
High School - 1
Mission and Vision Statements
Clear Creek Amana Mission Statement
The mission of the Clear Creek Amana Community School District is to prepare students to be productive, responsible, community members by providing an environment that brings learning to life.
Clear Creek Amana Vision and Core Values
Vision: As Clear Creek Amana Community School District moves into the future, we will foster a family atmosphere, while immersing students in a diverse academic experience, for their tomorrow.
The philosophy of the Clear Creek Amana Community School District is founded on three core values:
1. Student Opportunities- We believe all students can achieve academic success when provided with the appropriate structures and support. We feel all children in this country deserve access to a high-quality, free, public education.
2. Collaborative Learning Culture- We believe collaborative and qualitative teachers drive exceptional results. We must invest in exceptional teachers to achieve exceptional results. We must recruit, support, and retain the nation’s highest quality teachers and staff. Core to our mission, curriculum and school culture are the foundation from which our students will excel. We firmly believe that this investment is critical to the success of our students.
3. Managing Growth- As the district continues to grow, we will advocate for reasonable class sizes. We will focus on building and maintaining our buildings and grounds to create an inviting learning environment. We will welcome the community to our district to share their expertise and knowledge in order to collaboratively improve our local community.