Located 7 miles west of Iowa City and 20 miles south of Cedar Rapids where both Interstates 80 and 380 intersect, the Clear Creek Amana School District covers over 175 square miles of beautiful eastern Iowa countryside. Our school district encompasses the towns of Tiffin (population 4,500), Oxford (population 797), Amana Colonies (population 1,600) and includes the eastern edge of the district inside the western city limits of Coralville and North Liberty. We draw students from two counties (Iowa and Johnson) and a community-based population of around 15,000.
The district serves 2,900 students in preK-12 and expects an average of 200 per year for the next five years.
There are seven operating attendance centers:
- CCA High School in Tiffin (727 students 9-12)
- CCA Middle School in Tiffin (615 students 6-8)
- Tiffin Elementary in Tiffin (400 students PK-3)
- Amana Elementary in Middle Amana (159 students PK-5)
- North Bend Elementary in North Liberty (385 students PK-3)
- Clear Creek Elementary in Oxford (356 students PK-5)
- Oak Hill Elementary in Tiffin (325 students 4-5)
The continued community support of education is evidenced by the opening of Oak Hill Elementary in 2019, Tiffin Elementary in 2015, Middle School & High School Additions in 2016, the North Bend Elementary building in 2008 and a high school building in 2009. A state of the art athletic complex opened in the fall of 2009 and the performing arts center opened in the fall of 2010. Each attendance center has a full-time building principal. Of the 140 certified teachers, over thirty percent have been with the district for 15 years or more. The staff is caring and committed to providing the best education possible for all students.
Information on more recent construction projects can be found at this construction link.
Mission and Vision Statements
Clear Creek Amana Mission Statement
The mission of the Clear Creek Amana Community School District is to prepare students to be productive, responsible, community members by providing an environment that brings learning to life.
Clear Creek Amana Vision and Core Values
Vision: As Clear Creek Amana Community School District moves into the future, we will foster a family atmosphere, while immersing students in a diverse academic experience, for their tomorrow.
The philosophy of the Clear Creek Amana Community School District is founded on three core values:
1. Student Opportunities- We believe all students can achieve academic success when provided with the appropriate structures and support. We feel all children in this country deserve access to a high-quality, free, public education.
2. Collaborative Learning Culture- We believe collaborative and qualitative teachers drive exceptional results. We must invest in exceptional teachers to achieve exceptional results. We must recruit, support, and retain the nation’s highest quality teachers and staff. Core to our mission, curriculum and school culture are the foundation from which our students will excel. We firmly believe that this investment is critical to the success of our students.
3. Managing Growth- As the district continues to grow, we will advocate for reasonable class sizes. We will focus on building and maintaining our buildings and grounds to create an inviting learning environment. We will welcome the community to our district to share their expertise and knowledge in order to collaboratively improve our local community.