The CCA Community School District has developed a strong brand and visual identity both internally and externally. It consists of a common visual system with independent trademarked logos representing the district and activities.
It is important that these logos be used not only consistently, but correctly. The information contained within this section will assist community members and vendors with information regarding policy, licensing for merchandising, correct usage, and obtaining high-quality art files.
Use of District and School Logos Policy 905.3
The use of the District’s and its schools’ names, letterheads, logos, emblems, symbols, mottos, slogans, mascots, web designs, and/or other resources which promote the identity of the District, its schools, and/or its programs, including but not limited to trademarks, servicemarks, and copyrighted material, for the advertisement and promotion of products and/or services of outside entities is prohibited unless specifically approved by the District. License fees and other charges for such use will be determined annually by the Board.
Consistency in the use of the Clear Creek Amana Community School District logos is important to reinforce the District mission. Non-District groups, PTOs/PTGs/PTAs, Arts and Athletic Booster Clubs, Clear Creek Community School Foundation, must obtain prior approval to use the District name, logo, or other likenesses for promotional items or merchandise.
Use of the logos and trademarks, and any messages, graphics or designs attached to the logo may not conflict with the mission, vision, values, goals, objectives or policies of the Clear Creek Amana Community School District. Promotional use must be in compliance with all state and federal laws governing the District.
The Communications Director reviews requests for use of the logo in a promotional capacity, provides the brand standards and approved formats, and documents the approval process.
The District reserves the right to deny any person or entity the use of the District’s and its schools’ names, logos, or other resources which promote the identity of the District, its schools, and/or its programs, or order that any person or entity immediately cease and desist use of same, for any reason, but especially those:
- who violate this policy or the rules and regulations under this policy, the logo style guide, the licensing agreements, or the law
- whose products or services are deemed inappropriate for students by the District or by law
- whose advertising or promotion is deemed inappropriate by the District or by law
- who make inappropriate or fraudulent claims or offers as determined by the District
- who are under investigation for legal or ethical violations or are not in good standing in the community
- who have engaged in activities or events have transpired with which association of the District would be detrimental to the reputation of the District
- whose use otherwise conflicts with the mission, vision, values, goals, objectives, policies, or regulations of the Distric
The District is the owner of its name, logos, and other resources which promote the identity of the District, its schools, and/or its programs. Except to the extent that use thereof is specifically approved by the District, the District will retain all rights, title, and interest in and to its name, logos, and other resources which promote the identity of the District, its schools, and/or its programs.