Sharing Community Information
Community organizations and clubs often look to the Clear Creek Amana Community School District to spread the word about upcoming events, camps, and activities. Backpack was formed to save paper and provide a place for other information our students and parents may be interested in without taking away from the important curricular information sent out by the district.
The Digital Backpack is a one-stop resource for parents to check out upcoming events and activities, conveniently referenced online. All flyers posted in the Digital Backpack must be approved by the communications department and abide by Board Policy 903.05 Distribution of Materials and Board Regulation 903.05-R(1) Distribution of Materials Regulation.
What should you include on the flyer:
- Event or Fundraiser name
- Your Organization Name
- Where is it located (address)
- Any cost associated with the event
- Follow the submission guidelines below
- All information pertaining to the purpose should be contained on a one page flyer. The flyer could be linked to a website for more information if necessary.
- Include the disclaimer below if not sponsored by the district.
Please note that if the flyer is FOR a CCA School Program/Activity fundraiser it will need to be approved through the proper fundraising channels prior to being posted in the Digital Backpack.
Flyer Submission Guidelines:
- Those wishing to submit information to be posted on this Clipper Backpack site must do so by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attaching the flyer in a JPG or PDF format. This should be done 3-7 days in advance of being posted.
- Approved postings will be updated on a weekly basis and will be taken down after it has expired.
- All activities or information must be appropriate for students. Activities should relate to a school function, event or purpose, or relate to an agency that offers widely appealing recreational program options for students.
- Materials are posted for informational purpose only. The posting does not imply district endorsement of them. Suitability and approval are at the discretion of the district.
- Non-school sponsored materials must include the following statements printed in type at least as large as the majority of the other text in the materials, separate from other text and located in a conspicuous location:
This is not a CCA Community School District publication. It is being distributed through the school district as a community service of the district to inform you of other community activities or services available.
- Suitability and approval are at the discretion of the District. Materials are posted for informational purposes only. This does not imply CCA Community School District’s endorsement of them.
Questions about Submitting Flyers:
Who can submit flyers to the backpack? If you are a part of a school-affiliated, school-sponsored, school-supported, or non-profit organization – yes! Events may also be shared from for-profit organizations regarding curricular enhancement and student related opportunities – if approved.
Does my flyer need a disclaimer? Probably! All flyers unless school sponsored. Must include the following disclaimer: This is not a CCA Community School District publication. It is being distributed through the school district as a community service of the district to inform you of other community activities or services available.
How long will my backpack flyer stay in the backpack? Your flyer will stay in the backpack until the date of the event or deadline stated on the flyer.
Can I send a paper flyers home with students? According to district policy, the digital backpack is to be used to promote your information and non-school paper flyers can not be sent home with students. Flyers need to be approved by the Director of Communications.