Rules of Engagement
The following acceptable use guideline is posted to the school district’s Facebook page, and provides an example that can be adopted for other CCA CSD-related social media sites:The goal of using Facebook by Clear Creek Amana Community School District, all of the schools in the District, and teachers or sponsors associated with those schools, is to share important information, news and facilitate communication within our school district community. We thank all of the Facebook users who “like” our page and contribute to our online community. To help us accomplish this goal, we ask that you abide by the following guidelines:
- Open conversation - not personal issues or complaints about students and/or school personnel. This page is not intended to circumvent regular communication channels for sharing personal issues and concerns, including personnel matters and student concerns. Comments regarding a personal issue with the District, a school, student or a staff member will be removed.
- Be respectful. Personal attacks or comments that are deemed offensive to any member of our community will not be tolerated. Inappropriate remarks and profanity will be removed.
- Want to boost your product sales? Running for a political office? Publish a personal Facebook page, and leave ours for sharing news and insights about our district, schools and activities.
- Stay on topic. This is a page dedicated to the education of students of CCA CSD. Let’s keep the conversation related to our district, schools and activities. Comments of all kinds are welcome so long as they directly relate to our district, schools and activities.
- Have a question for a specific employee? Contact them privately. Fans should not expect responses to every question or comment posted on this page.
- Be aware of the mission. The mission of CCA CSD is education. Please be certain that your comments are appropriate for an educational environment and fans of all ages.
- Be factual. Blatantly inaccurate information will not be allowed. False information will be removed and factual information will be posted.
- Follow the law, school district policy and Facebook Policies.
- Employees of CCA may have personal Facebook pages. Don’t be surprised or offended if your request to “friend” them is ignored. District policy encourages staff to keep their personal lives personal.
- Abuse of the above guidelines can lead to removal of a specific posting or the blocking/removal from our fan page.
- Establish separate accounts for personal and professional use.
- Content - Make sure the district has consent from parents on record through PowerSchool.
- Think twice before posting.
- Know your privacy settings—and their limits.
- Learn the district policies and guidelines.
- Remain positive and professional in every post.